INSTITUTE OF PHILOSOPHY NAMED AFTER G. S. SKOVORODA OF NAS OF UKRAINE
SECTOR OF HISTORY OF EASTERN PHILOSOPHY
ASSOCIATION OF RESEARCHERS OF ESOTERICISM AND MYSTICISM
hold a roundtable
“ISLAMIC TRADITIONALISTS AND
ISLAM OF TRADITIONALISTS”
November 14, 2014, Kyiv, Ukraine
The purpose of the round table – to highlight possible points of intersection of Islam and traditionalism, analyze the possibility of the formation of Islamic traditionalism and investigate the specificity of the Islamic worldview of European traditionalists.
The range of issues for discussion:
1. Islam as a vector of attention of European traditionalists: Guenon, Burkhardt, Schuon, Valsan;
2. Features of interpretations of Islam by European traditionalists;
3. Islamic fundamentalism and traditionalism;
4. Understanding of tradition in Islam – categories and definitions, synonymous with the concept of “tradition”;
5. The Murabitun, Maryamiya and other institutional manifestations of traditionalism in the Islamic world.
Profiles of participants and texts of articles (from 10 000 to 25 000 characters) please send to the address email@example.com till October 12, 2014. We plan to publish articles. The registration fee – 20 UAH.
Materials and profiles should be sent as attached files, the name of which shall be executed as follows:
Ivanov K.K. Speech Abstract.doc or Ivanov K.K. Article.doc, Ivanov K.K. Profile.doc
Data to be indicated in the profile:
Name of the author, city, e-mail address, telephone number, place of work or study, position, the title of the report, research interests, the need for accommodation. Unfortunately, the organizing committee can not bear the costs of travel and accommodation of participants, but it can help to find the optimal conditions.
The working languages of the roundtable: Ukrainian, Russian, English.
On the issues related to the roundtable, please contact:
by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Ruslan Halikov
by phone: +38 066 27 45 610 – Ruslan Halikov